- Ford plans to have 5 SUV crossover type vehicles in their lineup within the next 3 years.
- Projected sales predict a 200% increase in sales by the end of 2016 compared with 2013.
- Both the Ford Kuga and Ecosport will be updated at the end of 2015.
- By 2015 four wheel drive and all wheel drive will be available on 8 models.
- Ford expects all wheel drive sales to increase 50% by 2015.
Ford Focus on AWD
Over the coming years Ford will expand its line up to increase sales in the SUV sector as well as making all wheel drive (AWD) technologies available in more models.
The Ford Edge large SUV will debut at at the Frankfurt motorshow and will be available to European markets early 2016.
The Ford Edge SUV will be fitted the Ford’s new AWD technology as standard . The system monitors how each wheel is gripping the road surface every 16 milliseconds delivering seamless control and power to the wheels to maximize safety and handling in a variety of road conditions. As well as the Ford Edge, the AWD system will also be available on the all new Galaxy, Kuga, S-Max, Mondeo and the Ford Transit.
The hotly anticipated Ford Focus RS will feature a performance AWD system with dynamic torque vectoring giving unparalleled levels of grip, performance and road holding.
The Ford Ranger offers incredible off road traction and capability with driver selectable 4WD, rear wheel drive as well as the option of selection low range 4WD for extreme conditions.