With snow and ice forecast across large parts of the UK today it makes good sense to make sure you pack a few essentials to make sure your car is prepared for the worst.
As a bare minimum you should consider packing the following
- a blanket, rug or even a sleeping bag
- a shovel
- ice scraper and de-icer
- Torches and batteries
- Snacks, consider high carb sources like chocolate or cereal bars
- Extra Windscreen Wash
If you’re at risk of experiencing severe weather conditions also consider the following
- Warm winter coat, coat scarf, hat , gloves and spare warm clothes
- Waterproof sturdy footwear
- a flask of a hot beverage.