Ford finished July 48 percent over it’s nearest rival compared with July 2014. Ford models were 1st 2nd and 3rd in UK total vehicle sales in the July.
Based on Official July sales data from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
- Ford is number 1 for total vehicle, car and commercial vehicle sales
- Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus, and Ford Transit are top of UK total sales
- July sales have pushed registered Ford Focus to 1.75 million
- Best selling car in Europe for the first half of 2015 is the Ford Fiesta
- The Fiesta Van, Ranger, Transit, Transit Custom and Transit Connect are all segment leaders
July sales were up 3.2 per cent when compared with July 2014. Ford finished 7216 registrations ahead of its nearest rival. The year to data figures to the end of July show that sales were up 6.5 per cent compared to 2014. So far for the year Ford is 41,932 registrations ahead of it’s nearest rival.
Ford’s lead in sales in reflects the mood and preferences of UK buyers. The Ford Fiesta is for the seventh year in a row the UK’s top seller. Ford Focus sales have grown in July compared to 2014 and Ford Kuga sales are at their highest level since the model was launched in the UK.
The success story continues with CV sales; total Ford CV sales up 30.1 per cent compared with 2014. The light commercial segment has show considerable growth for Ford taking their market share from 15.5 to 23 per cent. Ford medium commercial sales have also held strong increasing their considerable 28.7 to 29.3 per cent market share.