The most popular engine in the FIAT 500 range is now offered with an enhanced ‘Eco’ specification
- Efficiency technologies include a smart alternator, aerodynamic enhancements, low rolling resistance tyres and Start & Stop
- Official combined-cycle fuel economy figure improves to 65.7mpg and CO2 emissions are now just 99g/km
- BIK tax liability drops from 17% to 14% and road tax is reduced from £20 to £0
- No drop in performance compared to standard 1.2 69hp: 0-62mph in 12.9 seconds and top speed of 99 mph
- On sale in the UK now priced from £11,865 OTR
Following on from the introduction of the New FIAT 500 1.3 MultiJet II turbo diesel, the FIAT 500 range is expanding further with the launch of the 1.2-litre 69hp ‘Eco’ which is equipped with a host of efficiency technologies including a smart alternator, improved underbody aerodynamics and low rolling resistance 15-inch tyres, as well as Start & Stop which is standard across the FIAT 500 range. As a result of these combined technologies, the official CO2 emissions figure for the FIAT 500 1.2 ‘Eco’ is reduced from 110 to just 99g/km which, in turn, cuts the annual road tax bill from £20 to £0 and reduces company car BIK tax liability from 17% to just 14% compared to the standard 1.2 69hp model.
Official fuel economy figures also improve for the new ‘Eco’ model which can now achieve 58.9 MPG (urban cycle), 70.6 MPG (extra urban cycle) and 65.7 MPG (combined cycle) compared to the standard 1.2 69hp (51.4 / 65.7 / 60.1 MPG respectively) meaning the FIAT 500 1.2 ‘Eco’ will recoup the £100 price premium in no time at all.
Engineered to comply with the toughest standards, the FIAT 500 is one of the safest cars in its segment with larger front brake discs on the 1.2 69hp plus seven airbags (front, window and side airbags, plus a driver’s knee airbag), ABS with electronic brake distribution (EBD), advanced electronic stability control (ESC), anti-slip regulation (ASR), Hill Holder and hydraulic brake assistance (HBA) all as standard.