More than one in three 18-24 year olds admit to regularly speeding on the road, according to new research.
In a survey of 2,000 UK drivers, conducted by used car dealers The Car People, the majority of young drivers admitted to speeding, talking on their phone whilst driving and speeding up at traffic lights.
Men are more likely to speed than women, with one in four admitting to breaking the law on a regular basis.
Motorists were also asked how proud they are of their cars. The 18-24 age group were revealed as the most ‘Car Proud’.
- One in 10 drivers never check if their lights are working
- 18% of women admit they never check their brakes
- More than a third of people believe that BMWs drivers are the most dangerous on the roads
- The majority of women stated that they find BMW drivers to be the most attractive
- Nearly a third of women would never date someone who doesn’t drive
- Londoners are the biggest middle lane hoggers
‘A person’s relationship with their car is very important as it’s where a great amount of people spend a lot of time,” said Jonathan Seaman of The Car People.
“Therefore it is very important to make sure you are doing regular checks on your car to make sure you’re getting the best of it. As the survey shows, the majority of people do this, but there are a few who don’t take care of their car as they should.
“Car maintenance could save your life. Thankfully, the majority of UK drivers check their cars for problems every few months and top up the oil and the air in the tyres on a regular basis.”